Sunday, January 15, 2012

Do You Eat, Sleep, Breath Me Anymore?


6/3/11

I do.
Like most guys from my generation, I was once madly in love with Lisa Loeb.  Her sweet voice, girl-next-door good looks, and—oh, heck it was her glasses.  Yes, those thick throwback frames; she was like the modern-day Winnie Cooper.  I had the pleasure or meeting her about 7 years ago, and she seemed genuinely freaked out by me.  This is likely because a colleague of mine told her (in front of her then boyfriend) that I once had a huge crush on her.  She wound up signing a photo to me by simply writing “Thanks for listening” which is the equivalent of writing “Yo” on the wall of a Facebook friend who’s having a birthday.  About a week ago, I received one of those daily deals emails offering tickets to a Lisa Loeb show at a small nearby club for only $15.  Two days later, I received another email offering me a free ticket to her show.  Seeing as though they’re now literally giving away tickets to her show, one could argue that her star has faded in the 16 years since “Stay” was all over the radio.  But I would argue that it's simply Lisa's way of trying to get back in touch with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment