Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Bakers Square ala Mode

What do you associate with Thanksgiving?  Probably turkey, stuffing, and those yams baked with marshmallows on the top, right?  On my list, I associate Thanksgiving with Bakers Square.  Yes, the restaurants where they used to remind you to "come for the food, stay for the pie."  If you're like my girlfriend, you might think that they all closed.  Well, you're both wrong.  Bakers Square is alive and well, thank you very much!  In fact, the one in my hometown of Schererville, Indiana now features a fireplace!  That's right, a place to warm your fingers and toes while you scarf down a slice of their French Silk.  In high school and the years following when I'd be back in town, my friends and I would always meet up at The Square.  We laughed, we flirted with the waitress, we laughed some more, and had pie (we sure knew how to party).  While the fireplace may be a new addition to The Square, each table still houses the glossy flip menu with pictures and mouth-watering descriptions of all the Bakers Square pies.  Just don't be that guy who thumbs through all 45 pages of scrumptious pies only to order a slice of apple pie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment