Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Song Worth Downloading...Twice

While doing some housekeeping to my iTunes library, I discovered that I had a duplicates of a handful of songs.  For the most part, it was simply a case of having live and studio versions of the same songs, but there was also one song that I downloaded in 2009 and then again in 2010.  I must have really liked the song since I found the need to buy it twice.  Called "Every Time" comes from the British group called Oi Va Voi (meaning "Oh, dear!" in Yiddish, according to Wikipedia).  This layered tune takes its time getting started, but eventually builds to a beautiful yet haunting chorus that seems to take its cues from something a choir would sing at Sunday mass.  I still happen to believe this song is worth two charges of $1.29 from iTunes.  Take a listen and see what you think.   

No comments:

Post a Comment