Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"We've Detected Fraudulent Activity on Your Account."

9/11/13

The Fraud Department at Chase Bank left me an urgent voicemail informing me that one of my credit cards had been flagged for potentially fraudulent activity.  This happened after a series of out-of-town charges recently appeared on my account.  For example, they questioned the following charges that were made over the previous weekend:
$86.00 at Walgreens
$13.89 at Dairy Queen
$46.65 at Nacho Papa's Restaurant
$146.17 at the Hampton Inn in Stevensville, Michigan

Obviously, I was pleased that Chase flagged these charges and followed up with me.  One could easily see that series of purchases and deduce that some burnout with a stolen credit card bought up a bunch of cold medicine at Walgreens, went to a hotel room and made meth.  This was followed by a bender that included a handful of Heath Blizzards and pulled pork nachos.  While all of this added up to a stolen credit card in the minds of the fraud department at Chase, it was far from the truth.  Instead, it perfectly summed up all the hot spots that I hit during my weekend in Southern Michigan.

[UPDATE: My other Chase credit card actually did have fraudulent charges on it.  Thankfully, Chase canceled the card before these punks ordered more t-shirts.]

No comments:

Post a Comment